Super Bowl fans have been tuning into the biggest game of the season for more than 50 years, but only 13 National Football League teams have actually won the championship.
Currently, the Pittsburgh Steelers have the most Super Bowl wins in NFL history with six victories. (Pittsburgh lost the Super Bowl twice —to the Green Bay Packers in Super Bowl XLV, and to the Dallas Cowboys in Super Bowl XXX.)
The Patriots have made the most appearances at the Super Bowl, with five wins and five losses. Patriots’ star player Tom Brady holds the title for the quarterback with the most Super Bowl wins.
The same goes for New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, who holds the record for most Super Bowl wins as a coach, with five championships to his name so far. Even more impressive, Brady and Belichick are the first quarterback-head coach duo in history to win all five of their Super Bowls together, according to ESPN.
Aside from those two teams, the Dallas Cowboys and the San Francisco 49ers tied for second place, with five Super Bowl wins each. They’re followed by the New York Giants and the Green Bay Packers, which each have four Super Bowl wins under their belt.
Twelve NFL teams have never won the Super Bowl, including the Jacksonville Jaguars, the Arizona Cardinals, and and Buffalo Bills.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time