During an appearance on David Letterman’s upcoming Netflix show, My Next Guest Needs No Introduction, Obama revealed that there’s one thing dads do wrong while they’re getting their groove on: they don’t keep their dad moves — you know, those freewheeling and experimental moves that are best done not in public arenas — to themselves.
According to Obama, the key to keeping dad moves in check is “staying in the pocket” which means keeping moves like karate kicks to yourself, a lesson that Obama has taken to heart after dancing on-stage with his daughter Sasha during a performance of the inimitable Prince.
Listen to Obama’s dancing advice below.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve