Winter Storm Grayson can be seen wreaking havoc along the East Coast with heavy snow, strong winds and blizzard conditions. But it looks even worse from space.
Footage from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration shows Grayson quickly developing via the agency’s GOES-East satellite. In a tweet, the NOAA shared satellite imagery of the bomb cyclone strengthening as the sun rose Thursday morning.
Heavy snow is expected to continue over the Northeast through Friday morning, tapering off to lighter snow by Friday evening, according to the National Weather Service.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time