Winter Storm Grayson can be seen wreaking havoc along the East Coast with heavy snow, strong winds and blizzard conditions. But it looks even worse from space.
Footage from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration shows Grayson quickly developing via the agency’s GOES-East satellite. In a tweet, the NOAA shared satellite imagery of the bomb cyclone strengthening as the sun rose Thursday morning.
Winter Storm Grayson has much of the East Coast covered in snow, even southern states including North and South Carolina, Florida and Georgia, the Weather Channel reported.
Heavy snow is expected to continue over the Northeast through Friday morning, tapering off to lighter snow by Friday evening, according to the National Weather Service.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism