After the blizzard — which is the result of a weather event known as a “bomb cyclone” — began battering the East Coast on Wednesday, Thrones fans preparing to brave the snow took to social media to share their seven kingdoms–inspired thoughts on the winter blast.
Some lamented the fact that it appeared as though the Westerosi weather had somehow made its way to America. “Maybe I just need coffee, but I swear I just saw this guy down the street,” Twitter user Jean Dunn captioned a gif of one of the Night King’s White Walker lieutenants charging through the snow.
Others took the opportunity to joke about how far away the 2019 debut of the final season of Thrones still is. “#WinterIsHere — but unfortunately #GameOfThrones is still a year away,” user StikeDC captioned a photo of today’s cover of The Express, which features a White Walker.
See some of the memes below.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State