The Late Show was on hiatus when the robotic version of President Donald Trump made its debut at the Walt Disney World’s Hall of Presidents, so when the show returned on Tuesday night, Stephen Colbert set about making his appraisal of the animatronic president. “That is truly disturbing,” said Colbert. “I know one sculptor who did not vote for him.”
Colbert went on to compare the robot’s …er, unique facial features to “Jon Voight after a chemical spill.” Colbert was not alone in thinking that the robo-Trump bore an eerie resemblance to the actor—feelings circulated on Twitter that Disney had not made a Trump robot per se, but instead had simply thrown “some different hair on the Jon Voight” robot.
Colbert wasn’t done with his one-man roast of the animatronic statue, though. He also shared “footage” of the Trump robot mocking the presidents with whom he shares the hall, including George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Abraham Lincoln (“he’s such a liar”).
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now