The Late Show was on hiatus when the robotic version of President Donald Trump made its debut at the Walt Disney World’s Hall of Presidents, so when the show returned on Tuesday night, Stephen Colbert set about making his appraisal of the animatronic president. “That is truly disturbing,” said Colbert. “I know one sculptor who did not vote for him.”
Colbert went on to compare the robot’s …er, unique facial features to “Jon Voight after a chemical spill.” Colbert was not alone in thinking that the robo-Trump bore an eerie resemblance to the actor—feelings circulated on Twitter that Disney had not made a Trump robot per se, but instead had simply thrown “some different hair on the Jon Voight” robot.
Colbert wasn’t done with his one-man roast of the animatronic statue, though. He also shared “footage” of the Trump robot mocking the presidents with whom he shares the hall, including George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Abraham Lincoln (“he’s such a liar”).
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org