President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump wished “America and the entire world” a merry Christmas in a holiday address posted on Twitter on Monday.
“In the season of joy, we spend time with our families. We renew the bonds of love and goodwill between our citizens. And most importantly, we celebrate the miracle of Christmas,” President Trump says in the video, before quoting from the Book of Isaiah.
“At this time of year,” Melania Trump says, “we see the best of America and the soul of the American people.”
The President ended the video with a holiday message to the nation. “God bless you, God bless America and have a very, very merry Christmas and happy New Year,” he says.
The message comes after Trump said on Twitter Sunday that “people are proud to be saying Merry Christmas again,” a reference to the “war on Christmas” and ongoing cultural debate over the proper end-0f-year greeting.
You can watch the whole address in the video above.
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.