President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump wished “America and the entire world” a merry Christmas in a holiday address posted on Twitter on Monday.
“In the season of joy, we spend time with our families. We renew the bonds of love and goodwill between our citizens. And most importantly, we celebrate the miracle of Christmas,” President Trump says in the video, before quoting from the Book of Isaiah.
“At this time of year,” Melania Trump says, “we see the best of America and the soul of the American people.”
The President ended the video with a holiday message to the nation. “God bless you, God bless America and have a very, very merry Christmas and happy New Year,” he says.
The message comes after Trump said on Twitter Sunday that “people are proud to be saying Merry Christmas again,” a reference to the “war on Christmas” and ongoing cultural debate over the proper end-0f-year greeting.
You can watch the whole address in the video above.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving