While critics seemed to love The Last Jedi, scoring it at 93 percent on Rotten Tomatoes, hardcore Star Wars fans were more divided — Episode VIII has only a 53 percent audience rating on the site.
However, director Rian Johnson has said that he believes the controversy surrounding the movie was an inevitable result of the saga moving forward. After being asked what he thinks of Jedi‘s polarizing nature, Johnson took to Twitter to explain his stance.
“The goal is never to divide or make people upset, but I do think the conversations that are happening were going to have to happen at some point if [Star Wars] is going to grow, move forward and stay vital,” Johnson tweeted on Thursday.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive