While the Internet was collectively enthralled with the release of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s official engagement photos, there was a corner of the web whose curiosity was piqued by clothing.
In the photos, Markle is wearing a black ball gown with a sheer, embellished bodice and a full skirt, and looking completely like a veritable princess while doing it. According to Vogue, the dress is by Ralph & Russo, a British label, and it debuted on their Fall/Winter 2017 couture runway.
Markle’s choice to wear a British designer was a savvy choice (and perhaps a hint that she may choose a British designer for her May wedding) and the glamorous but polished gown was keeping well in-line with her style evolution as a soon-to-be-royal. See the dress in all its glory below.
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment