While the Internet was collectively enthralled with the release of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s official engagement photos, there was a corner of the web whose curiosity was piqued by clothing.
In the photos, Markle is wearing a black ball gown with a sheer, embellished bodice and a full skirt, and looking completely like a veritable princess while doing it. According to Vogue, the dress is by Ralph & Russo, a British label, and it debuted on their Fall/Winter 2017 couture runway.
Markle’s choice to wear a British designer was a savvy choice (and perhaps a hint that she may choose a British designer for her May wedding) and the glamorous but polished gown was keeping well in-line with her style evolution as a soon-to-be-royal. See the dress in all its glory below.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up