A former Ohio middle school teacher was indicted on charges of sexual battery and unlawful sexual conduct with a minor who attends the school where she taught.
Jessica Langford, 32, allegedly had oral sex and intercourse with a student at Miamisburg Middle School in May, the Dayton Daily News reports. She was indicted in late November, after asking prosecutors to name her accuser and specify the allegations.
Court documents did not specify the student’s gender or age, but prosecutor Mathias Heck Jr. said in a statement that he is a 14-year-old boy, according to the Daily News.
Langford had been a teacher at Miamisburg since 2008, according to the Daily News. She resigned after her accuser came forward in May.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022