1. Welcome to your local library, which also happens to be a newsroom.
By David Beard at Poynter
2. Humankind has reached its peak — in height, lifespan and physical fitness.
By Amanda Onion in Newsweek
3. Robots will transform fast food — and that might not be a bad thing.
By Alana Semuels in the Atlantic
4. With a simple test, patients with anxiety can learn whether drugs or talk therapy will work better.
By the University of Illinois
5. Nearly half of U.S. households don’t save for emergencies. Should employers make emergency savings automatic?
By John Manganaro in PlanSponsor
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now