The Simpsons has been on the air for an impressive 28 seasons (and counting!), making it both the longest-running American sitcom and animated program in history. While some things always change (see: couch gags), many things in Springfield stay exactly the same. For instance, Maggie Simpson has been a baby for the last 29 years, something that Twitter user Brian Frink recently called out.
He posed the question on Twitter: “Umm I’m confused. This is the first time I’m watching @TheSimpsons in forever…
“How is Maggie still a baby with a pacifier? Shouldn’t she be in college by now?!?” As Bart Simpson would say, ay caramba! Luckily, The Simpsons had a quick answer: magic.
That explanation also undoubtedly applies to why Lisa is still an over-achieving eight-year-old (and not yet President of the United States), why Marge’s blue hair hasn’t turned grey, the show’s unique ability to predict the future, why Krusty the Klown still has a job, and why Grandpa Abe is, well, still alive and yelling at clouds (he is not a crackpot!) Just chalk it up to that old Simpsons’ magic.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow