The Simpsons has been on the air for an impressive 28 seasons (and counting!), making it both the longest-running American sitcom and animated program in history. While some things always change (see: couch gags), many things in Springfield stay exactly the same. For instance, Maggie Simpson has been a baby for the last 29 years, something that Twitter user Brian Frink recently called out.
He posed the question on Twitter: “Umm I’m confused. This is the first time I’m watching @TheSimpsons in forever…
“How is Maggie still a baby with a pacifier? Shouldn’t she be in college by now?!?” As Bart Simpson would say, ay caramba! Luckily, The Simpsons had a quick answer: magic.
That explanation also undoubtedly applies to why Lisa is still an over-achieving eight-year-old (and not yet President of the United States), why Marge’s blue hair hasn’t turned grey, the show’s unique ability to predict the future, why Krusty the Klown still has a job, and why Grandpa Abe is, well, still alive and yelling at clouds (he is not a crackpot!) Just chalk it up to that old Simpsons’ magic.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement