The Simpsons has been on the air for an impressive 28 seasons (and counting!), making it both the longest-running American sitcom and animated program in history. While some things always change (see: couch gags), many things in Springfield stay exactly the same. For instance, Maggie Simpson has been a baby for the last 29 years, something that Twitter user Brian Frink recently called out.
He posed the question on Twitter: “Umm I’m confused. This is the first time I’m watching @TheSimpsons in forever…
“How is Maggie still a baby with a pacifier? Shouldn’t she be in college by now?!?” As Bart Simpson would say, ay caramba! Luckily, The Simpsons had a quick answer: magic.
That explanation also undoubtedly applies to why Lisa is still an over-achieving eight-year-old (and not yet President of the United States), why Marge’s blue hair hasn’t turned grey, the show’s unique ability to predict the future, why Krusty the Klown still has a job, and why Grandpa Abe is, well, still alive and yelling at clouds (he is not a crackpot!) Just chalk it up to that old Simpsons’ magic.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving