A man allegedly killed his girlfriend’s daughter after he threw her to the ground when she wouldn’t put on her pajamas.
According to police records, 22-year-old Jalen Vaden of Carl’s Junction, Mo., threw 3-year-old Jayla Kyle on the floor striking her head before throwing her on the bed, grabbing her leg and throwing her “face first” into the floor, CBS reported. He reportedly left the room and when he got back, found her bleeding and unresponsive.
Vaden admitted his actions to Carl’s Junction Police, the Joplin Globe reported.
Jayla was taken the hospital where she was diagnosed with “abusive head trauma” and declared dead four days later, according to CBS. Vaden was charged with abuse or neglect of a child resulting in death and second degree murder.
Police interviewed both Vaden and Jayla’s mother Devyn Kyle, Carl’s Junction Police told the Joplin Globe. Devyn Kyle was cleared of wrongdoing, Carl’s Junction Police.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.