1. Credit cards may soon be a thing of the past.
By Klint Finley in Wired
2. One way to increase graduation rates? Hire more underrepresented faculty.
By Renée Byng Yancey in Equal Measure
3. Here’s how prescription heroin could fix the opioid epidemic.
By German Lopez in Vox
4. Do we actually need to be nice?
By Eva M. Krockow, Andrew M. Colman, and Briony Pulford in Popular Science
5. Custom-fit lungs might be in our future.
By Neil Parmar in OZY
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now