Stranger Things fans have long shipped Jonathan and Nancy (sorry, Steve!) as the ultimate teenage romance, but it’s their off-screen romance in real life that really has fans of the Netflix show swooning.
Ever since actors Charlie Heaton and Natalia Dyer made their red carpet debut as a real-life couple at the 2017 Fashion Awards in London — which caused the Internet to collectively lose their minds — fans have been vocal about their enthusiasm for this star-crossed Stranger Things pair. The shipping of Jonathan and Nancy has only increased over the progression of the Stranger Things seasons and as the two have been spotted together at other events, most recently, the 2018 Emmy Awards. With the next installment of the popular show confirmed and coming back for a summer 2019 season 3 release date, there’s even more reason to celebrate everyone’s favorite couple.
And, as might be expected, fans have taken to social media to ardently share their many feelings — ranging from sincere shock to unabashed joy — about Heaton and Dyer taking their romantic relationship public.
Read the most fervent responses from Stranger Things fans below.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.