The truck hit five other vehicles before hitting the barrier and toll booth, and the driver and a passenger were ejected and badly injured, according to San Francisco Gate.
“I’ve never seen this. I’ve seen them damage the booth before. Never to this extent,” California Highway Patrol Officer Vu Williams told SF Gate.
Authorities do not believe the crash on the Bay Bridge toll plaza was intentional, though they are still investigating the cause.
“We’re investigating exactly why the driver lost control and struck the toll plaza, so we’ve got to determine all the factors involved, including impairments, medical issues or mechanical issues,” Williams told SF Gate.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate