The truck hit five other vehicles before hitting the barrier and toll booth, and the driver and a passenger were ejected and badly injured, according to San Francisco Gate.
“I’ve never seen this. I’ve seen them damage the booth before. Never to this extent,” California Highway Patrol Officer Vu Williams told SF Gate.
Authorities do not believe the crash on the Bay Bridge toll plaza was intentional, though they are still investigating the cause.
“We’re investigating exactly why the driver lost control and struck the toll plaza, so we’ve got to determine all the factors involved, including impairments, medical issues or mechanical issues,” Williams told SF Gate.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body