It came on Wednesday night when Drake was sitting court-side watching the Charlotte Hornets play his hometown team, the the Toronto Raptors. He was minding his own business until he realized something: he was being filmed. At the time, he was pouring a can of effervescent pink grapefruit Perrier into a cup.
The former Degrassi star knows camera time is camera time, so he decided to have some fun. In the short clip shared on the the Raptors’ Instagram, he hams it up with a fake freakout. In just a few seconds, Drake takes fans on an emotional journey with a ton of replay value. The result? Internet gold.
Social media users quickly snapped up the moment for all manner of situations that catch them off guard.
Post-game, Drake also hopped on the court to interview Raptors baller Kyle Lowry, but his court-side moment is getting all the Twitter love.
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive