It came on Wednesday night when Drake was sitting court-side watching the Charlotte Hornets play his hometown team, the the Toronto Raptors. He was minding his own business until he realized something: he was being filmed. At the time, he was pouring a can of effervescent pink grapefruit Perrier into a cup.
The former Degrassi star knows camera time is camera time, so he decided to have some fun. In the short clip shared on the the Raptors’ Instagram, he hams it up with a fake freakout. In just a few seconds, Drake takes fans on an emotional journey with a ton of replay value. The result? Internet gold.
Social media users quickly snapped up the moment for all manner of situations that catch them off guard.
Post-game, Drake also hopped on the court to interview Raptors baller Kyle Lowry, but his court-side moment is getting all the Twitter love.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org