After commenting on the Coast Guard member’s large muscles while handing out sandwiches, chips, and fruit with First Lady Melania Trump, the President wondered allowed whether he could beat the man in an arm wrestle. “I think I’d be in trouble. Trouble? I think I’d be in trouble,” he added.
The U.S. President then shook the hands of and thanked various Coast Guard members, while commenting that they were in “such good shape.” Earlier in the day, he thanked the Coast Guard members for their hurricane relief efforts. “There’s no brand that went up more than the Coast Guard,” he said. “What a job you’ve done.”
In the morning, he tweeted a Thanksgiving message to his country, which included boasts about his track record. “HAPPY THANKSGIVING, your Country is starting to do really well,” he wrote. “Jobs coming back, highest Stock Market EVER, Military getting really strong, we will build the WALL, V.A. taking care of our Vets, great Supreme Court Justice, RECORD CUT IN REGS, lowest unemployment in 17 years….!”
After leaving the Coast Guard facility, Trump and his motorcade headed for Trump International Golf Club, the Associated Press reported.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time