Leave it to HarrisonFord to be the hero we all need. Over the weekend, the Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Blade Runner actor showed off his legendary action-star bona fides when he assisted at the scene of a car accident and helped rescue a woman from her rolled car, the Ventura County Star reports.
“He acted as a good Samaritan, just like everybody else, and tried to help before emergency services arrived,” Senior Officer Matt Alonzo of the Santa Paula Police Department said of Ford’s activity. Ford and others in the area were able to help the female driver out of the car, which had rolled down an embankment on the side of the southern California highway. Photos of the scene show him and a few others assisting in the rescue effort on Route 126. She escaped with minor injuries. And Ford, for his part, left the scene being lauded by the Internet and his legion of fans as a true hero in dark times.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart