President Donald Trump’s approval rating is hovering at around 41%, according to one poll — a new low.
The latest Harvard CAPS/Harris Poll, reported in The Hill, notes that Trump’s popularity continues to fall: in September, the same poll said that 45% of Americans approved of the job he was doing.
Fifty-nine percent currently disapprove, according to the newest data.
The discontent appears to be drawn on party lines. The poll notes that 79% of Republicans still support him.
Still, Trump is faring better than his own party. Republicans in Congress are suffering at a 29% approval rating, according to the poll. Despite controlling both houses of Congress and the White House, the GOP has failed so far this year to reach any significant legislative victories.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org