Sometimes it feels like Silicon Valley has all the palace intrigue, dastardly betrayals and malicious rumors of a good Game of Thrones episode. The social media management company HootSuite has now brought that vision to life with Facebook, Twitter and other tech giants reimagined as powerful players in the Seven Kingdoms.
The computer-generated video is an homage to the opening theme of the hit HBO series, with the various social networks taking on the roles of King’s Landing, Winterfell and other important GoT locales. Facebook raises towers for its recent annexations Instagram and WhatsApp, while blue birds fly toward Twitter’s fortress. The more distant kingdom of Snapchat is appropriately underdeveloped compared to its more established neighbors.
The point of the ad, besides celebrating Game of Thrones’ return on Sunday, is to emphasize HootSuite’s usefulness as tool to manage multiple social media accounts at once. The company, which boasts nearly eight million users, secured $165 million in venture funding last summer.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve