If you somehow weren’t already convinced that Beyoncé is a literal angel on Earth gracing us mere mortals with her musical prowess, this newly confirmed throwback tale should serve as further evidence.
After a story about Queen B going the extra mile to help Jewel learn the choreography for their early 2000s performance on VH1 Divas Live began recirculating on Friday, the folk singer took to Twitter to confirm the anecdote was indeed factual.
“Beyoncé is amazing. She stayed with @jeweljk three hours after rehearsal & taught her how to dance well for their VH1 Divas performance,” a Bey fan page wrote of the pair’s 2003 duet of Tina Turner’s “Proud Mary.”
“This is true…,” Jewel responded to the tweet. “She is a class act….”
Jewel’s tweet has been liked nearly 13,000 times and retweeted over 3,500 since Sunday, proving there is a wide-reaching audience for acts of kindness à la Beyoncé.
Watch the full performance below.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023