While attending the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ 9th Annual Governors Awards on Sunday, Lawrence palled around with Stone on the red carpet by photobombing her fellow Best Actress winner as she posed for the cameras.
Of course, fans loved this latest interaction between the charming pair. “Ruling screens worldwide with every performance!” wrote Twitter user Anil Kapoor. “#EmmaStone & #JenniferLawrence are on top of their game! Huge fan!!”
In a 2016 interview with Vanity Fair, Lawrence revealed that their friendship began when she received a text from Stone after mutual co-star Woody Harrelson — who appeared in The Hunger Games with Lawrence and Zombieland with Stone — helped them exchange numbers. “I replied, ‘F—k off!’’And we’ve been really good friends ever since,” Lawrence said.
See the photobomb moment below.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating