Rebel Wilson is the latest Hollywood star to speak publicly about her experiences with sexual misconduct.
The actor and comedian tweeted on Saturday morning that an unnamed male star “in a position of power” called her into a room and repeatedly asked her to “stick my finger up his ass,” while his male friends laughed and attempted to film the incident. Wilson said she declined, left the room and immediately called her agent. After the encounter, Wilson tweeted, she was “threatened by one of the star’s representatives to be nice and support the male star. I refused.”
Wilson also tweeted about a separate incident, in which she went to an unnamed male director’s hotel room under what she thought were professional pretenses. While there, she wrote, his wife called and berated him for sleeping with female actresses, which prompted Wilson to leave.
The actor said she came forward to stand with other women speaking publicly about their experiences with sexual harassment, and because she “had the ability to escape both incidents. I realize not everyone is as lucky.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time