As any Swiftie worth their salt knows, Swift and Perry’s legendary disagreement apparently emerged not over the trappings of fame, but over a backup dancers who left Taylor’s Red tour to re-join Perry on her next world tour.
However in the Vol. 1 zine, there are images from the set of her buzzy music video “Look What You Made Me Do,” one of which shows her dressed in a cheetah-print coat with dramatically styled hair, surrounded by a crowd of paparazzi. When the video debuted, many Swifties drew comparisons between this look and Katy Perry, as the hairstyle was similar to Perry’s hair-do at that time and because she was sporting a feline-esque coat and Perry’s fans are called the “Katy Kats.”
The caption notes that the crowd extras in the scene were all dancers from Swift’s 1989 tour, which took place after the Red tour where the conflict all began over dancers.
It could simply just be a behind the scenes tidbit, but if nothing else, it’s another way to keep the internet busy speculating.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time