The Internet has had its hands full trying to decipher the hidden meanings behind Taylor Swift’s new lyrics since her long-awaited album Reputation dropped at midnight on Friday. And one song that has particularly grabbed fans’ attention is “Dress.”
Featuring lyrics such as, “Only bought this dress so you could take it off,” and, “My hands are shaking from holding back from you,” the steamy anthem has made some listeners nostalgic for all the other times Tay has referenced her love for dresses throughout her musical career.
Twitter user @wakeupmydear even pulled a line from each one of Swift’s albums that mentions the article of clothing, including, “The girl in the dress cried the whole way home,” and, “Spinning like a girl in a brand new dress.”
Others couldn’t stop talking about the photo Swift posted of herself in a rainbow dress on Instagram when the album dropped. “Cause of death: Taylor Swift in this rainbow dress,” user Katie Minard tweeted.
See some of the reactions to “Dress” below.
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk