Sometimes we all need a little motivation in life. Sometimes that motivation comes in the form of a paycheck or a gold star or, for at least one very relatable toddler, a french fry.
Little baby Evie did not want to walk, even though her dad, Ben Hayman, was pretty sure she could do it if she tried. Turns out she just needed the correct form of motivation. That’s when her father came up with the idea of tempting her into taking a few steps by holding a french fry in front of her and slowly moving it out of her grasp, forcing her to follow like some ploy out of a Bugs Bunny cartoon.
The trick worked, though, and soon enough Evie was taking a few cautious steps forward in hot pursuit of that deep-fried potato goodness. Ben Hayman laughed when he told Storyful about his daughter’s first steps, “Amazing what girls will do for food.” Just wait until he see what they’ll do for an hour of screen time.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022