American Idol is back!
In an interview with Good Morning America last month, the judges — who Perry dubbed “the dream team” — opened up about working together on American Idol, and revealed how they’ll go about finding new talent during the audition process.
“There’s still talent out there to be discovered,” said Perry. “There are still stars and diamonds in the rough and I think the great American dream — we can revive that in a way and show people that if they have the talent, if they work really hard…maybe we can give them a little platform to just shine.”
Echoed Richie, “It’s amazing the confidence this new generation has, and I think what’s really wonderful for us is that we get to see it—and if any way, try to tweak it just a little bit. They don’t need much but I’m telling you what’s coming down the pipeline is really exciting.”
Auditions kicked off in August in Portland, Oregon, with the show traveling to 23 cities. This year, fans also have the opportunity to audition online or through social media by using #TheNextIdol hashtag.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive