Selena was honored Friday with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Los Angeles officials named Nov. 3 “Selena Day.”
Selena’s Hollywood Walk of Fame star is the 2,622nd and is placed right in front of Capitol Records’ building — located on Vine Street north of Hollywood Boulevard — where the singer visited often after signing with EMI Latin, USA Today reported.
The ceremony debuting the late singer’s Hollywood star featured Selena’s sister Suzette Quintanilla Arriaga and actress Eva Longoria, according to USA Today.
Longoria spoke about the path Selena forged for Latinas in entertainment.
“Growing up there was no reflection of me on TV or in music and that all changed with Selena y Los Dinos. Selena was a small town girl with a big heart … and that small town was my hometown, Corpus Christi, Texas,” Longoria said at the event, according to the report.
Selena was recently featured as one of Google’s Doodles to mark the 28th anniversary of her first studio album. Last year, Madame Tussauds debuted a wax figure of Selena in Hollywood and MAC Cosmetics released a line inspired by the singer.
Selena was shot and killed by the former president of her fan club, Yolanda Saldívar, in 1995.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror