The boys of Stranger Things — that is, young actors Finn Wolfhard, Gaten Matarazzo, Caleb McLaughlin and Noah Schnapp — are becoming pretty good at this whole publicity tour thing. Their latest visits have been to the set of Jimmy Fallon’s Tonight Show, and on Thursday night they even showed off some very intriguing interpretive dance moves while promoting their super-popular Netflix series.
In a Stranger-Things-themed dance battle, the kids and Fallon were each served up an unusual kickoff phrase using a “dance move generator” (with prompts like “toastin’ waffles” and “flashlight with a mind of its own”), from which they then needed to come up with a solo dance. While Wolfhard performed the act of toasting and consuming waffles, costars like Matarazzo took the prompt as more of a general suggestion and worked in some impressive choreography. And McLaughlin might have stolen the show with his approach to “breaking through the goo.” (Schnapp struggled a bit in understanding what “trying to fix an 80s TV” might really entail, to Fallon’s chagrin.)
But you’ll have to watch to the end for what Fallon calls the “Upside Get Down,” an impromptu group dance with charms all its own.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart