Outback Steakhouse waitress Mikayla Scott got two surprises during her shift last Friday.
The first came when social media’s favorite couple — model Chrissy Teigen and singer John Legend — sat in her section at the restaurant’s Centerville, Ohio location, along with their daughter, Luna, and several others. But the bigger shock, WHIO reports, came at the end of the meal, when Teigen left a $1,000 tip on a $193.81 bill.
“People kept saying you are going to get a fat tip,” Scott told WHIO. “I was like ‘Oh my god, praise the Lord.'”
Teigen and Legend were visiting Ohio, Legend’s home state, to see a high school football game between Springfield High School and Kettering Fairmont High School, the Associated Press reports. The noted Bloomin’ Onion fan and her family stopped into Outback after the game, just before closing.
Scott, 21, told WHIO she shared some of Teigen’s generous tip with her coworkers, and saved the rest for car repairs.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body