Outback Steakhouse waitress Mikayla Scott got two surprises during her shift last Friday.
The first came when social media’s favorite couple — model Chrissy Teigen and singer John Legend — sat in her section at the restaurant’s Centerville, Ohio location, along with their daughter, Luna, and several others. But the bigger shock, WHIO reports, came at the end of the meal, when Teigen left a $1,000 tip on a $193.81 bill.
“People kept saying you are going to get a fat tip,” Scott told WHIO. “I was like ‘Oh my god, praise the Lord.'”
Teigen and Legend were visiting Ohio, Legend’s home state, to see a high school football game between Springfield High School and Kettering Fairmont High School, the Associated Press reports. The noted Bloomin’ Onion fan and her family stopped into Outback after the game, just before closing.
Scott, 21, told WHIO she shared some of Teigen’s generous tip with her coworkers, and saved the rest for car repairs.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This