Outback Steakhouse waitress Mikayla Scott got two surprises during her shift last Friday.
The first came when social media’s favorite couple — model Chrissy Teigen and singer John Legend — sat in her section at the restaurant’s Centerville, Ohio location, along with their daughter, Luna, and several others. But the bigger shock, WHIO reports, came at the end of the meal, when Teigen left a $1,000 tip on a $193.81 bill.
“People kept saying you are going to get a fat tip,” Scott told WHIO. “I was like ‘Oh my god, praise the Lord.'”
Teigen and Legend were visiting Ohio, Legend’s home state, to see a high school football game between Springfield High School and Kettering Fairmont High School, the Associated Press reports. The noted Bloomin’ Onion fan and her family stopped into Outback after the game, just before closing.
Scott, 21, told WHIO she shared some of Teigen’s generous tip with her coworkers, and saved the rest for car repairs.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.