The Internet is absolutely loving the emotional bop that is Taylor Swift’s new song, “Call It What You Want.” The 27-year-old singer debuted the track — the fourth single from her upcoming sixth album, Reputation — at midnight on Friday, garnering an overwhelmingly positive reaction from her fans.
“You can literally hear Taylor Swift blushing like a smitten kitten as she sings #CallItWhatYouWant to the love of her life,” Twitter user Alex Goldschmidt wrote, referencing Swift’s boyfriend Joe Alwyn . “She’s happy.”
Others were quick to comment on the contrast between the tone of this Tay song and some of her past hits. “#CallItWhatYouWant is all about how Joe is the one thing she did right because that’s all that matters against all the hate & drama,” user summer weighed in.
Of course, with Reputation‘s release date only a week away, all-out Swiftmania is just beginning.
See some of the best reactions to “Call It what You Want” below.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up