The Internet is having a hard time keeping it together in the wake of the glorious casting news for the live-action remake of The Lion King. Walt Disney Studios took to Twitter on Wednesday to officially announce the stars of the upcoming reboot, sending fans of its 1994 animated classic into a frenzy.
The movie — which is slated to hit theaters July 19, 2019 — is set to feature a plethora of big-name acts, including Beyoncé as Nala, Donald Glover as Simba, Billy Eichner and Seth Rogen as Timon and Pumba, and John Oliver as Zazu. Not to mention that James Earl Jones will reprise his role as Mufasa.
“It’s not called the lion king anymore,” Twitter user Ziwe wrote. “If Beyoncé’s in it, it’s called the Lion Queen. It’s Nala’s movie now.”
“Damn the lion king is about to be the best movie of all time,” user Nap Enthusiast added.
See some of the best responses to the news below.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now