We now know that the Oct. 31 matchup was not the final one of the series, as the Los Angeles Dodgers forced Game 7 with a 3-1 victory. However, that didn’t make the double-whammy holiday any less stressful for Halloween and baseball enthusiasts.
“I had ONE friggin trick o treater and I have staged skeletons climbing out on my lawn,” Mindy Kaling tweeted during the game. “Meanwhile Verlander keeps pitchin excellent yeesh.”
But while tensions were high, some Twitter users couldn’t help but joke about the situation. “The world series … on halloween? i bet the bat is. i bet the baseball bat is like a bat, like the ah. like the bat type of an animal,” wrote Jon Bois.
See some of the best reactions to the night below.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State