It should come as no surprise that Game of Thrones was a trendy Halloween theme this year; it’s the most popular show on earth, after all. So of course many fans got in the Westerosi spirit with aplomb, using ingenuity to turn bits of fur and fabric (and plenty of lavish wigs) into impressive approximations of the looks seen onscreen (and, in our imaginations, in the cold of the North and heat of the South). Even home goods giant IKEA had recommendations for how to create a Night’s-Watch-style cape, making it inevitable that people would get crafty with their medieval fantasy costuming.
Here are some of the best Thrones-style Halloween looks we’ve come across so far, from many homages to King of the North Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen to a few cute dragons — and some cameos from fearsome Night Kings, to boot.
And then there are the canine fashions.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time