1. We might not have enough minerals to meet electric car demand.
By Erik Shilling in Jalopnik
2. Could this pay-by-the-minute gym app make memberships history?
By Rina Raphael in Fast Company
3. Spider venom could unlock environmentally friendly pesticides.
By Katherine Ellen Foley in Quartz
4. In Lima, billboards don’t just advertise. They’re cleaning the air and providing drinking water.
By Niamh Ni Mhaoileoin in Ozy
5. Self-driving cars may revolutionize life for people with disabilities.
By Srikanth Saripalli in Smithsonian
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment
- The Best Movies of 2023 So Far