White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders is expected to address reporters after President Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman Paul Manafort surrendered to federal authorities on Monday morning.
This comes after CNN reported that a federal grand jury in Washington has approved the first charges filed by special counsel Robert Mueller, who is investigating Russian election interference and potential links between the Trump campaign and Russia.
Manafort’s former business associate, Rick Gates, also surrendered on Monday, according to a New York Times report. Both men are expected in court later in the day as they face money laundering, foreign and tax lobbying charges.
Trump and the White House has repeatedly insisted that there was no collusion between his campaign and Russia.
Watch the full press briefing above at 1p.m. ET
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.