White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders is expected to address reporters after President Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman Paul Manafort surrendered to federal authorities on Monday morning.
This comes after CNN reported that a federal grand jury in Washington has approved the first charges filed by special counsel Robert Mueller, who is investigating Russian election interference and potential links between the Trump campaign and Russia.
Manafort’s former business associate, Rick Gates, also surrendered on Monday, according to a New York Times report. Both men are expected in court later in the day as they face money laundering, foreign and tax lobbying charges.
Trump and the White House has repeatedly insisted that there was no collusion between his campaign and Russia.
Watch the full press briefing above at 1p.m. ET
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org