“Well, you have no weight problems, that’s the good news, right?,” Trump said to the costumed trick-or-treaters as he handed out candy. “So you take out whatever you need. If you want some for your friends, take them. We have plenty.”
As the children surrounded Trump by his desk in the Oval Office, the President couldn’t help but make jabs at his contentious relationship with the press, saying the reporters did a “good job” with their children, though he does not feel they do a good job with him.
“I cannot believe the media produced such beautiful children,” he said. Later, addressing the kids, he added: “I bet you get treated better by the press than anybody in the world.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Mahita Gajanan at firstname.lastname@example.org