In the Netflix show, antagonist Billy — played by Australian actor and Power Rangers star Dacre Montgomery — sparked questions from viewers who couldn’t get over his physical resemblance to the beloved High School Musical character of years past. Maybe it’s in the piercing blue-eyed gaze, tousled brown hair and chiseled jawline that both men have. Or maybe it’s in their shared comfort with casual toplessness. (Efron’s look is well-known by Hollywood and audiences, while Montgomery actually said he stripped down to make his Stranger Things audition tape stand out.) Efron’s got a few years on Montgomery, though; the U.S. actor is 30, while the Aussie one is only 22.
In any case, Twitter users couldn’t help but wonder about the uncanny similarities.
Then again, maybe there’s a little something else mixed into Montgomery’s look.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Raisa Bruner at firstname.lastname@example.org