The Starbucks Zombie Frappuccino is officially on the market, so the reviews — and tidal wave of photos posted on social media — are in.
The Halloween drink, much like the Unicorn Frappuccino, seems to have been concocted for Instagram fame. The creme blend is tart apple and caramel-flavored, but of course the true value lives (and dies) in its appearance: a red mocha swirl of syrup drips like blood over the icy green body, and pink whipped cream on top is a pretty good representation of brains.
The photo fodder is only available Thursday through Tuesday, so people have already flocked to their nearest Starbucks to get ahold of the drink before it’s gone.
Most people aren’t dwelling on what the Frappuccino actually tastes like — and like the Unicorn Frappuccino, reviews of the drink itself have been mixed. One thing seems certain: liking sugar seems to be a prerequisite to enjoying the flavor.
Here’s a sampling of what people are saying on social media, including good reviews, criticisms and some funny commentary:
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body