Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have openly stated that the HBO drama’s original pilot was a complete and total disaster. But in a recent interview with The Guardian, Kit Harington — who plays the one and only Jon Snow — revealed that he may be the key to fans finally getting to see the unaired series premiere.
Although Harington himself hasn’t even seen the episode — in which he was clean-shaven and wearing a wig — he explained that Benioff and Weiss have jokingly threatened to make it available to the public to embarrass their star.
“They say, if I ever piss them off too much, they’ll release it on YouTube,” he said. “Every now and then, they send me a screengrab, just as a threat.”
Of course, Harington’s fake mane wasn’t the only misguided aesthetic choice made by the creators. While working on Thrones‘ seventh season, Benioff told TIME that they regretted originally making Peter Dinklage’s hair “Eminem blond” to match George R.R. Martin’s description of Tyrion Lannister in the author’s A Song of Ice and Fire series.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive