Following President Donald Trump’s Tuesday morning tweet spree criticizing Republican Sen. Bob Corker, the Internet had a field day attempting to get to the bottom of Trump’s new nickname for the Tennessee congressman: “Liddle’ Bob Corker.”
“Sen. Corker is the incompetent head of the Foreign Relations Committee, & look how poorly the U.S. has done,” he wrote. “He doesn’t have a clue as the entire World WAS laughing and taking advantage of us. People like liddle’ Bob Corker have set the U.S. way back. Now we move forward!”
Trump’s controversial comments came in the wake of Corker telling NBC’s Today show that the White House should “step aside” and let Congress handle tax legislation.
Twitter quickly jumped on the reignited feud, adding their own commentary on Trump’s insult. “Bob Corker stood in hall of our Gov’t and told reporter Trump is liar + unfit for office,” Jeremy Newberger wrote. “Trump hid in his office tweeting Bob is ‘liddle.'”
See a selection of the responses below.
- Yes, Climate Change Is Making Storms Like Hurricane Ian Worse
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future