Following President Donald Trump’s Tuesday morning tweet spree criticizing Republican Sen. Bob Corker, the Internet had a field day attempting to get to the bottom of Trump’s new nickname for the Tennessee congressman: “Liddle’ Bob Corker.”
“Sen. Corker is the incompetent head of the Foreign Relations Committee, & look how poorly the U.S. has done,” he wrote. “He doesn’t have a clue as the entire World WAS laughing and taking advantage of us. People like liddle’ Bob Corker have set the U.S. way back. Now we move forward!”
Trump’s controversial comments came in the wake of Corker telling NBC’s Today show that the White House should “step aside” and let Congress handle tax legislation.
Twitter quickly jumped on the reignited feud, adding their own commentary on Trump’s insult. “Bob Corker stood in hall of our Gov’t and told reporter Trump is liar + unfit for office,” Jeremy Newberger wrote. “Trump hid in his office tweeting Bob is ‘liddle.'”
See a selection of the responses below.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now