By the Max Planck Institute
By Tanvi Misra at CityLab
By Julie Cohen in the UC Santa Barbara Current
By Paul Mason in the Guardian
By Rob Stein at NPR
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow