Game of Thrones actor Nathalie Emmanuel celebrated her co-star Emilia Clarke’s birthday on Monday by posting an epic throwback photo. Emmanuel — who plays Daenerys Targaryen’s interpreter and right-hand woman Missandei on the HBO drama — took to Instagram to share a picture of herself and the now 31-year-old Clarke touring Spain around the time the show’s fifth season was being filmed.
“Happy Birthday to the home girl famalam bredrin @emilia_clarke. This lil throwback was taken on that lovely little day out we took in Seville in like season 5. Have a wicked birthday! Love ya!” she captioned the shot, adding the hashtags #HappyBirthdayEmilia and #badassladybossclub.
Emmanuel and Clarke have been working closely together since the Mother of Dragons tricked slave-master Kraznys mo Nakloz into gifting Missandei to her in Thrones‘ third season. Dany later freed Missandei from her chains and the two went on to form one of the most tight-knit bonds in the series.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow