While some fans are content to just sit back and absorb the Netflix show’s brilliance, others have to create something of their own.
That’s what amateur rapper Esteban “Mini” Serrano, 10, his brother Mikael Serrano, 7 (the one holding the waffles), and beat maker Josyah “JoJo” Lavina-Maldonado, 13, did with their recent YouTube video. In front of their very own makeshift Christmas light-stringed wall, Serrano spits a reverent rap that condenses the plot of season one, revisiting some of the most beloved parts of the cult hit, from vindicated “weirdos” to the kids’ “friends don’t lie” policy.
If this video doesn’t make this trio honorary members of the A. V. club, then nothing will. It only garnered 34 views as of Monday morning, but it deserves to spread just as far as panic in Hawkins, Indiana.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List