While Clinton spoke at Saturday night’s “Deep From the Heart: The One America Appeal” event at the Reed Arena at Texas A&M University in College Station to raise money for victims of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria, the younger Bush leaned over to Obama and whispered something that made his presidential successor let loose a laugh.
The giggly scene quickly began to make the online rounds, with some who watched the clip tweeting about how much they enjoyed watching the former commanders in chief bond. “Bush pulling a dad move, cracking a joke to Obama during Clinton’s speech, and glancing repeatedly to see his reaction,” user Classic Dad Moves wrote.
“W cracking a joke to Obama while Clinton gives a speech is me in middle school,” user Justin Taylor added.
See some of the best reactions below.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List