Kit Harington is no longer clueless.
The Game of Thrones actor revealed on BBC’s The One Show Friday that he bawled as he and his cast mates sat down for a read through of the final episode of the hit HBO show.
“We had a read through last week in fact, so I know everything now,” he said.
While the final episode won’t air until the series comes to an end with the eighth season in 2019, the actor said he couldn’t help but get emotional.
“I cried at the end,” he said. “You have to remember that eight years of it — no one really cares about it more than us.”
Harington continued, “It’s been an institution longer than any other institution I’ve been in. School, drama school, anything. I get a bit weepy thinking about it. It’s going to be a strange year saying goodbye to everyone and having last scenes with this person and that person. Not only you’re attached to it, loads of people around the world are attached to it.”
Despite being in the know of his famous character’s fate, Harington said he’s been sworn to secrecy.
“[I was told], ‘Don’t tell them you’re filming. Don’t take pictures in Belfast. Don’t do all of that,’” he said. “It’s on lockdown!”
With Game of Thrones ending, the British actor has much to look forward to, including a wedding to former costar Rose Leslie, whose character on the show said in the meme-worthy words: “You know nothing, Jon Snow.”
As if they weren’t cute enough, Harington recently revealed that Leslie made him dress up as Snow for a “bad taste” costume party.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com