There are few tales of rivalries that are as infamous as that of ice skaters Nancy Kerrigan and Tonya Harding. Harding, in particular, has become one of the most notorious figures in pop culture for her involvement in a physical attack on Kerrigan, one of her main competitors, before the 1994 Olympics.
Now, Harding’s anti-hero story is being brought to the silver screen in a biopic titled I, Tonya and if the first trailer for the film is any indication, it’s going to be a juicy watch — the opening clip shows Margot Robbie (almost unrecognizable thanks to a complete transformation into Harding, complete with some very voluminous ’90s bangs,) eviscerating her used cigarette butt with her ice skate’s blade.
The trailer also doesn’t shy away from Harding’s reputation, with Robbie providing pithy narration that notes that: “America, they want someone to love. But they want someone to hate.”
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement